WSJM Morning News-10/8/2020
WSJM News is sponsored by Special-Lite in Decatur & Benton Harbor. There’s a good chance you’ve walked through a special-lite door when you go to a local restaurant, school, store, or plant.
In this edition:
- Lieutenant Governor Garlin Gilchrist is calling on the Michigan Legislature to approve a mask mandate for itself.
- Organizers of a rally held in Lansing yesterday say the Department of Education is failing Michigan students with learning disabilities.
- October is National Dyslexia Awareness Month, and some Michigan senators are promoting a package of legislation that would better help children struggling with the learning disability.
- Celebration Cinema is preparing to begin reopening this Friday. Although not the one in Benton Harbor…yet.
- Southwestern Michigan College is making good progress on getting its new cross country team up and running, so to speak.
- Congressman Fred Upton paid a visit to Cassopolis on Wednesday to learn about plans for a state of the art technology park.
- The historic Jensen Property in South Haven now belongs to the Michigan Maritime Museum.
Full story at: https://www.wsjm.com/2020/10/08/wsjm-morning-news-10-8-2020/