WSJM Morning News-10/7/2020
WSJM News is sponsored by Special-Lite in Decatur & Benton Harbor. There’s a good chance you’ve walked through a special-lite door when you go to a local restaurant, school, store, or plant.
In this edition:
- Governor Whitmer has taken action that will give some clerks in Michigan the ability to start processing absentee ballots a few hours before Election Day.
- President Trump tweeted on Tuesday he’s ending the COVID-19 stimulus negotiations with Democrats until after the election.
- The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services has issued emergency orders to offset a Supreme Court ruling that went against various orders put in place by Governor Whitmer.
- The Southwest Michigan Regional Chamber is telling businesses to continue following the public health guidance coming from local and federal officials following the Michigan Supreme Court ruling last week that undid some of the governor’s emergency orders.
- The Michigan 2020 Census wants to make sure you get counted.
- A new fundraising campaign has been launched by the Mendel Center to help it remain viable through the end of the pandemic.
- Honor Credit Union says its members shredded nearly 76,000 pounds of documents through its Free Community Shred Days this year.
Full story at: https://www.wsjm.com/2020/10/07/wsjm-morning-news-10-7-2020/