WSJM Morning News-10/5/2020
WSJM News is sponsored by Special-Lite in Decatur & Benton Harbor. There’s a good chance you’ve walked through a special-lite door when you go to a local restaurant, school, store, or plant.
In this edition:
- Governor Whitmer says the Michigan Supreme Court has “undermined” efforts to control COVID-19 by ruling state law doesn’t give her the authority to extend or declare states of emergency with the pandemic.
- Michigan State Police say they’ve recovered 25 missing children as part of their Operation MISafeKid.
- Amazon is proposing a new sorting and delivery facility in west Michigan.
- Despite traffic volumes still being down an average of 20% across Michigan due to the pandemic, Michigan State Police say fatal crashes are on the rise.
- The President’s announcement that he and the First Lady tested positive for the coronavirus prompted a multitude of responses from voters as well as officials.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer has introduced the MI Clean Water plan, a $500-million investment in the state’s water systems.
- The final Berrien County community recycling event of the year will be held this coming Saturday in Buchanan.
- A stay-in-place order on the campus of Grand Valley State University has expired.
Full story at: https://www.wsjm.com/2020/10/05/wsjm-morning-news-10-5-2020/