WSJM Morning News-10/29/2020
WSJM News is sponsored by Special-Lite in Decatur & Benton Harbor. There’s a good chance you’ve walked through a special-lite door when you go to a local restaurant, school, store, or plant.
In this edition:
- Governor Whitmer and her administration say they’re confident that Election Day will go well on Tuesday.
- The appeal of the ruling by Michigan Court of Claims Judge Christopher Murray blocking open carrying guns at poling places on Election Day is now filed.
- Rumors on social media that the white supremacist group Proud Boys could show up to Benton Harbor on Election Day are prompting City Commissioner Ron Singleton to take action.
- More than 3,000 additional cases of COVID-19 are being reported for Michigan on Wednesday.
- Here we go. It’s just a couple of months until Christmas and retailers are gearing up even though we’re in the midst of a pandemic.
- Congressman Fred Upton and other members of Congress received a briefing last week from National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins and Dr. Anthony Fauci.
- The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services is launching a new campaign to promote the Stay Well mental health helpline.
Full story at: https://www.wsjm.com/2020/10/29/wsjm-morning-news-10-29-2020/