WSJM Morning News-10/20/2020
WSJM News is sponsored by Special-Lite in Decatur & Benton Harbor. There’s a good chance you’ve walked through a special-lite door when you go to a local restaurant, school, store, or plant.
In this edition:
- Berrien County is seeing a spike in COVID-19 with confirmed cases rising at a rate not yet seen during the pandemic.
- The number of COVID-19 cases in Michigan was high in the spring, but Michigan’s chief medical executive, Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, testified before the state COVID-19 oversight committee and says they managed to bring those numbers down for a time.
- With the number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus expected to hit 150,000 in Michigan this week, hospitals are getting ready with plans for another surge.
- Bronson Healthcare is urging everyone to get a flu vaccine this year.
- With more people voting absentee than ever before, many are wondering how quickly ballots will be counted in the presidential election.
- There has been a guilty plea in a January Cass County murder.
- Benton Harbor City Commissioners have approved a contract with a city employees union.
- With no sign of COVID-19 ending any time soon, many parents are thinking about homeschooling their kids.
Full story at: https://www.wsjm.com/2020/10/20/wsjm-morning-news-10-20-2020/