WSJM Morning News-10/2/2020
WSJM News is sponsored by Special-Lite in Decatur & Benton Harbor. There’s a good chance you’ve walked through a special-lite door when you go to a local restaurant, school, store, or plant.
In this edition:
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer this week signed a budget deal that would boost money for schools to cope with the pandemic.
- Governor Whitmer is announcing a $500 million plan to upgrade drinking water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Berrien County Treasurer Shelly Weich says this past weekend’s Berrien County Land Auction went well in its first ever online iteration.
- The Berrien County Trial Court will move into Phase 3 of its reopening plan on Monday.
- Meanwhile, Berrien County leaders are working on the budget for next year.
- As Michigan’s archery deer hunting season began Thursday, the Michigan Department of Natural Resources wants hunters to keep certain rules in mind.
- There’s a bill currently in the Michigan House that’s looking to add to the state civil rights act language which would protect employees and students from being fired or punished for having certain hairstyles.
- Berrien RESA is once again teaming up with local police for the Handle with Care program.
Full story at: https://www.wsjm.com/2020/10/02/wsjm-morning-news-10-2-2020/