WSJM Morning News-10/19/2020
WSJM News is sponsored by Special-Lite in Decatur & Benton Harbor. There’s a good chance you’ve walked through a special-lite door when you go to a local restaurant, school, store, or plant.
In this edition:
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer says President Trump’s words have consequences.
- You will not be able to open carry a gun within 100 feet of polling places when you vote in the November election.
- There’s a new app for students and staff at Michigan State University that will help to contact trace those with COVID 19.
- The Benton Township Police Department is investigating a shooting that occurred overnight Saturday.
- The Cass County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a domestic violence incident that resulted in a shooting yesterday in Calvin Township.
- Michigan State Police say their partnership with the Benton Harbor Department of Public Safety to conduct extra enforcement in the city produced positive results.
- Andrews University in Berrien Springs is reporting enrollment for this academic year of 3,171 students.
- The Michigan House has approved legislation intended to help keep the residents of nursing homes safe during the pandemic while also allowing in-person visits.
- The race is on in Negaunee in the north central U.P. to raise enough money to prepare the nearly 100-year-old Vista Theater for the winter.
Full story at: https://www.wsjm.com/2020/10/19/wsjm-morning-news-10-19-2020/