WSJM News is sponsored by Special-Lite in Decatur & Benton Harbor. There’s a good chance you’ve walked through a special-lite door when you go to a local restaurant, school, store, or plant.
In this edition:
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer says she’s never felt unsafe despite a recent plot to kidnap her.
- A southwest Michigan lawmaker is praising law enforcement for thwarting a plot to kidnap Governor Gretchen Whitmer.
- The plot to kidnap the governor and storm the state Capitol building is once again drawing attention to the issue of guns in the Capitol.
- The Michigan Senate has approved measures to extend unemployment benefits while aiming to assist workers and protect nursing home residents.
- Congressman Fred Upton is calling on the Environmental Protection Agency to take steps to identify and fix PFAS in the water systems of Michigan schools.
- This is Manufacturing Month in Michigan, a chance for the Manufacturing Growth Alliance to celebrate the state’s manufacturers and hold events for them to talk about the future of the industry and its current challenges.
- A 17-year-old from Stevensville has died after a crash on the Indiana Toll Road Thursday night.
- Two men are recovering from non-life-threatening injuries after being shot at a hookah lounge in Holland.
Full story at: https://www.wsjm.com/2020/10/12/wsjm-morning-news-10-12-2020/