WSJM Morning News-10/1/2020
WSJM News is sponsored by Special-Lite in Decatur & Benton Harbor. There’s a good chance you’ve walked through a special-lite door when you go to a local restaurant, school, store, or plant.
In this edition:
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer has signed a $62.7 billion state budget hours before the new fiscal year.
- Michigan’s coronavirus website is now reporting COVID-19 numbers from schools.
- Michigan voters have requested 2.5 million absentee ballots ahead of the November 3 election.
- A pair of state senators are working on bills that would ban guns from Michigan’s capitol.
- St. Joseph Today will not be holding its usual Trick or Treating event in downtown St. Joe and the Benton Harbor Arts District this Halloween.
- The U.S. House has approved the reauthorization of the School-Based Health Centers program through 2024.
- Southwestern Michigan College is giving commemorative COVID coins to its staff as a thank you for helping during the pandemic.
- What do energy and cancer treatments have in common? U.S Secretary of Energy Dan Brouilette says more than you might think.
- 5,000 cats and dogs will be up for adoption in an Empty the Shelters event sponsored by the Bissell Pet Foundation Thursday through Sunday.
Full story at: https://www.wsjm.com/2020/10/01/wsjm-morning-news-10-1-2020/